PUNCH CUBAN CIGAR BRAND & HISTORY - Punch is one of the very oldest Habano brands. Don Manuel Lopez of Juan Valle & Co founded it in the mid 19th Century with an eye to the booming British market where a humorous magazine of the same name was much in vogue.
A contented Mr Punch, the clown who personified the magazine, is still featured in every box, cigar in hand, and surrounded by 19th Century images of cigar making that remain virtually unchanged over a century and a half later.
In 1925 the Punch moved to the factory where Hoyo de Monterrey was made and this long association continues to the present day.
Punch's distinct medium flavour created with a blend of tobaccos from the Vuelta Abajo region is available in a wide variety of sizes "totalmente a mano, tripa larga" - totally hand made, long filler.
Flavour Ranking: Medium
Year of foundation: 1840
Tobacco Country: Cuba
Tobacco Procedence: Vuelta Abajo
Factory: La Corona
**SHIPPING FEES OF US$35.00 for Regular mail & US$45.00 Registered for UP to 2 boxes ~ US$10.00 for each additional item for Premium Cigars/Cuban Cigars & Cigarillos can be combined & shipped duty free from Switzerland***
~ 5% discount on TOTAL ORDER if paying by US Bank(Clearxchange) or Bank wire transfer (No discount on shipping)
~ 5% discount on CIGARS ONLY if paying by Western Union or Moneygram (No discount on shipping)
Orders will be shipped via International Priority or Regular Airmail.
Delivery is approx. 4-5 Days for most of Europe, 8-9 Days for Asia, Pacific Rim, North America(USA) and 10-14 Days Central & South America.
Created in 1840 by Manuel Lopez, this line takes its name from the popular character of Punch so widely
seen in English puppetry in the 19th century. Today's lithographed boxes still show the comically-dressed Punch enjoying a cigar while his faithful pet stands by, questioning why he is wearing a rainbow-coloured collar.
The cigars are quite popular, with the Punch Punch model the object of affection by many devoted followers. This full flavoured brand was made by Corujo y Cia. after 1859 and prior to nationalization, was owned by F. Palicio y Cia.